Alloy wheel refurb.? You need to know this!

B

bonzo

If you are thinking of getting your alloys refurbed. Please p.m. me.

Bonzo.

Aceman

British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
///M Roadster
Is this the issue regarding heat treating when having them powder coated or something else.?

Z

zedonist

Very cryptic, and almost sinister in nature.........................:nailbiting:

billz

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0si Individual Ruby Black Last one produced in this colour combo
A little more info would be good

B

bonzo

I thought I would treat Zelda to a refurb on her Alpina alloys. They only had a few small minor blisters and a couple of minor scratches, so I contacted a well known mobile wwheel refurbishing company. After describing the problem and sending them a photo they said they were happy to carry out the work and gave me a price. I phoned and arranged a morning appointment for them to carry out the work, On the day, about 11.30 I got a text from the operative to say he had to do a refurb in Ipswich, but would text when he was leaving to come to me .Come mid afternoon and still no word I phoned the company and was told that the guy's gun had broken. When I said why didn't he let me know he wasn't coming they said he was only 18. They said he would call again the same day the following week, first job, around 9.00am. I asked if being so young was he experienced in refurbing. They said he was very good. One week later at 10.00am, no show again:mad:. I phoned their office, no answer so I left a message. I phoned the operative, no answer, so left a message to call me. I eventually got through to their office at about 3pm and was promised a callback by the person managing the work. Nothing for 1 hour, so I phoned again and the said person answered the call. I asked why I had no reply to my texts and calls they could not give any satisfactory reply. I said I was very disappointed and annoyed about it all. After a pause they said, "We don't do any refurbs on Z3 wheels because they will be in such a poor condition due to their age." When I said I had sent an email with a description and a photograph she just said again, "We don't do Z3 wheels." I hung up!

I then contacted Simon at Alloy Wheel Services and made an appointment for him to do the work. He arrived on time and did a nice refurb. He took away the caps to refurb them at his premises and dropped them off 2 days later. Result, satisfactory all round, and cheaper than the first company I contacted.

Cheers,

Bonzo

B

bonzo

I know, unbelievable isn't it, but that's what they said!

Bonzo.

Andy

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Z3 3.0 i
there is statistic in business that says if you have had good service you generally tell 3 people if you had bad service you generally tell 15 people (this is verbal not internet) I think they deserve to be outed for such poor service but lets not forget to praise good service. I picked up my Z3 from the garage today which went in to have a replacement drivers wing mirror after it being knocked off in the night (with no message left - what did I expect?). I expected the replacement and fitting to be around £230 with other bits an pieces that needed doing - when I picked it up the guy said "it was a shame to replace it as everything worked so I refixed it and cleaned it up I am afraid the cheapest I can to it for is £30. I also fixed your electric seat (which wasn't going up and down just back and forth) and fixed the rattle underneath (which was just a bolt replacement) £45 all told". So here is a big shout to Falcon Motors in Warwick please share the love!

B

bonzo

there is statistic in business that says if you have had good service you generally tell 3 people if you had bad service you generally tell 15 people (this is verbal not internet) I think they deserve to be outed for such poor service but lets not forget to praise good service. I picked up my Z3 from the garage today which went in to have a replacement drivers wing mirror after it being knocked off in the night (with no message left - what did I expect?). I expected the replacement and fitting to be around £230 with other bits an pieces that needed doing - when I picked it up the guy said "it was a shame to replace it as everything worked so I refixed it and cleaned it up I am afraid the cheapest I can to it for is £30. I also fixed your electric seat (which wasn't going up and down just back and forth) and fixed the rattle underneath (which was just a bolt replacement) £45 all told". So here is a big shout to Falcon Motors in Warwick please share the love!
This sort of stuff actually makes your heart glad and restores a bit of faith in human nature. Well done that man!

Will_460cs

Dedicated Member
Theres a place in Huntingdon doing full wheel refurbs for £250 for..

Ie..

Wheel completely stripped
Dipped and blaster
New Powder coat
and fished in a colour of your choice...

http://acefinishcarrepairs.com/powd...-peterborough-cambridge-st-ives-st-neots.html

They will be doing the z3 wheels next month..

I normally do the touch ups/faces, but in this case the Z3 wheels powder coating has broken down on the inside so time to get it done right.

bertiejaffa

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3M
Theres a place in Huntingdon doing full wheel refurbs for £250 for..

Ie..

Wheel completely stripped
Dipped and blaster
New Powder coat
and fished in a colour of your choice...

http://acefinishcarrepairs.com/powd...-peterborough-cambridge-st-ives-st-neots.html

They will be doing the z3 wheels next month..

I normally do the touch ups/faces, but in this case the Z3 wheels powder coating has broken down on the inside so time to get it done right.
£250 for all 4?

Aceman

British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
///M Roadster
TBH that's expensive I can get 17" done for £40 per wheel for exactly same process.

Aceman

British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
///M Roadster
Place in Barnsley might be too far for you.

smiffy

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 pre-facelift in Montreal Blue
do both prices include tyre removal, refitting and balancing?

Aceman

British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
///M Roadster
They do at Barnsley I think as they have their own tyre machines